Amanda-Users

Re: Chg-scsi problem

2004-06-25 16:13:45
Subject: Re: Chg-scsi problem
From: cngo AT nmsu DOT edu
To: Eric Schnoebelen <eric AT cirr DOT com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:04:43 -0600
Hi,

I'm running NetBSD 1.6.1 on Dell Lattitude. Here is the device information.

-------
st0 at scsibus1 target 1 lun 0: <HP, Ultrium 2-SCSI, F45H> tape removable
st0: drive empty
st0: sync (25.00ns offset 127), 16-bit (80.000MB/s) transfers
ch0 at scsibus1 target 6 lun 0: <OVERLAND, NEO Series, 0417> changer removable
ch0: async, 8-bit transfers
ch0: 58 slots, 1 drive, 1 picker, 2 portals
ch0: sync (100.00ns offset 15), 16-bit (20.000MB/s) transfers

-----

Although, I got the message, amdump still runs ok. However, I really want to
get rid off that error message and to make everything works smoothly.

Another thing. When I tried chg-chio, everything is fine. Could you please
advise if I should you chg-scsi or chg-chio. I don't know what the advantages
of chg-scsi is, compared with chg-chio. Is that because, with chg-scsi, you can
create the inventory of tapes ? I've already set emubarcode=1 in the
chg-scsi.conf but I don't see any thing in labelfile and can't find the
inventory anywhere. Any suggestion ?

Thank you very much for your help,

Co Ngo