Amanda-Users

Re: I got Errors when I tried to run amcheck

2004-06-06 17:24:55
Subject: Re: I got Errors when I tried to run amcheck
From: Andreas Moser <info AT moserandreas DOT de>
To: gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 23:18:25 +0200
Hi Gene,
hi list,

thx for your help. I did it . Now I get no longer the WARNING info: WARNING: program /usr/local/sbin/amcheck: not setuid-root.
But I still have proplems with the vtapes.
The output of amcheck is:

amanda@linbox:~> /usr/local/sbin/amcheck daily
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /home/holdingdisk/: 16320912 KB disk space available, that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 4: not an amanda tape
amcheck-server: slot 5: not an amanda tape
amcheck-server: slot 6: not an amanda tape
amcheck-server: slot 1: not an amanda tape
amcheck-server: slot 2: not an amanda tape
amcheck-server: slot 3: not an amanda tape
ERROR: new tape not found in rack
      (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /home/amanda/DailySet1/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
Server check took 0.449 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
Client check: 0 hosts checked in 0.089 seconds, 0 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4p2)
amanda@linbox:~>

Where is my fault or what did I forget?

Many greetings