Amanda-Users

Re: Managing "out of the office" twits

2004-06-03 12:06:50
Subject: Re: Managing "out of the office" twits
From: Justin Gombos <mindfuq AT zianet DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 10:02:23 -0600
* Mitch Collinsworth <mitch AT ccmr.cornell DOT edu> [2004-06-03 08:32]:

> At the risk of prolonging this thread even further, it does seem
> incongruous for an auto-responder script aimed as mis-behaving
> auto-responders to request that if it itself mis-behaves, the
> recipient should please disregard.

I thought someone would get a kick out of that.. I was cracking up as
I wrote it.

Now hopefully it doesn't misbehave too much.  It already backfired
once.  When I posted the script to the list, it was echoed back to me
(as all list messages are), and the script was triggered by itself
because it contained all the key phrases it was looking for.  So my
autoresponder sent an etiquette lecture to myself :) Fortunately the
infinite loop protection code worked (though it won't work in all
cases).