Amanda-Users

Re: Backup Server in DMZ

2004-06-03 10:18:52
Subject: Re: Backup Server in DMZ
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:13:17 +0200
Hi, Tobias,

on Donnerstag, 03. Juni 2004 at 15:42 you wrote to amanda-users:

T> Zitat von Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>:

>> in common-src/security.c:
>> Comment it out.
>> The added benefit of this test is not as strong as it used to be, in
>> these days where everybody can be root on his PC, and connect from a
>> reserved (<1024) port.

T> thanks for your help. I just tried what you suggested and now
T> amcheck passes all tests but when it comes to amdump I receive
T> the following error email from amanda:

T> FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
T> [HOST-IN-DMZ] [DIR-OF-HOST-IN-DMZ] lev 0 FAILED [disk [DIR-OF-HOST-IN-DMZ],
all
T> estimate failed]

T> It kinda looks to me like there is no data passed from the host in
T> the dmz to the amanda backup server.

T> I'm pretty sure I have to tweak something at our firewall but I
T> have absolutely no idea what to do there :(

>From a posting here (can be found in the archives) I remember that you
have to open more ports than just 5 ...

The options I have pasted from that old mail and since then in my
setup:

./configure --with-tcpportrange=50000,50040 --with-udpportrange=890,899

Have a start at

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amanda-users&w=2&r=1&s=-with-tcpportrange+50000+50040&q=b

--
best regards,