Amanda-Users

Re: Backup Server in DMZ

2004-06-03 09:46:26
Subject: Re: Backup Server in DMZ
From: Tobias <t AT funkreich DOT de>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 15:42:59 +0200
Zitat von Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>:

> in common-src/security.c:
> Comment it out.
> The added benefit of this test is not as strong as it used to be, in
> these days where everybody can be root on his PC, and connect from a
> reserved (<1024) port.

thanks for your help. I just tried what you suggested and now
amcheck passes all tests but when it comes to amdump I receive
the following error email from amanda:

FAILURE AND STRANGE DUMP SUMMARY:
[HOST-IN-DMZ] [DIR-OF-HOST-IN-DMZ] lev 0 FAILED [disk [DIR-OF-HOST-IN-DMZ], all
estimate failed]

It kinda looks to me like there is no data passed from the host in
the dmz to the amanda backup server.

I'm pretty sure I have to tweak something at our firewall but I
have absolutely no idea what to do there :(

Any ideas?

Thanks!

toby

http://www.funkreich.de // may the funk be with you