Amanda-Users

RE: tape device /dev/st0 not responding - RH9

2004-03-30 11:28:32
Subject: RE: tape device /dev/st0 not responding - RH9
From: "Byarlay, Wayne A." <wab AT purdue DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:25:32 -0500
That unfortunately doesn't work.

I don't know if /dev/nst0 exists in this config... I tried to use it in
the beginning, to no avail. That is what debian calls it in the old
configuration on the old Hard Drive. For some reason, Debian assigns it
/dev/st0 in the boot log.

the results of mt -f /dev/st0 status are:

SCSI 2 tape drive:
File number=0, block number=0, partition=0.
Tape block size 0 bytes. Density code 0x1b (DLT 35GB).
Soft error count since last status=0
General status bits on (41010000):
 BOT ONLINE IM_REP_EN

the results of mt -f /dev/nst0 status are: