Amanda-Users

Re: dumps too big

2004-03-26 16:46:39
Subject: Re: dumps too big
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Eric Siegerman <erics AT telepres DOT com>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 16:40:32 -0500 (EST)
Eric,

Thank you, I should have been more complete...

The flush finally finished just a minutes ago, 31Gig to DLT 8000
took 4:44 (hours:minutes). I'm not sure I will not have to divide
the tar into smaller pieces, the one tar of the partition took
up 85% of the tape capacity.

Got to say though, I was resistant but its already more than
worth building tar into amanda.

Now I have to try my hand at a restore.

                                        good weekend,

                                        Brian