Amanda-Users

Re: build - gtar

2004-03-17 17:08:23
Subject: Re: build - gtar
From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <monitor AT oops.co DOT at>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 22:56:37 +0100
Hi, Brian,

on Mittwoch, 17. März 2004 at 22:39 you wrote to amanda-users:

BC> I don't know how to get amanda on the new system to find gtar, which
BC> was not available on the system I compiled amanda on ages ago.

If there was no gnu-tar at compile-time, your amanda-binaries know nothing
about gnu-tar. Simple as that.

BC> Is there an environmental variable or path I can set or do I
BC> need to recompile/reinstall, possibly affecting the old server
BC> and all of its clients ? (In which case I'll also move to the
BC> current release of amanda).

Depends on the configure-options of your old server. You could compile
the new server-binaries into other directories and so the two servers
would not disturb each other.

(/usr/local/etc/amanda vs. /usr/local/etc/amanda-new, for example)

If there is only one new server and only one old server, it would be
worth the effort of upgrading to 2.4.4p2 on both from my point of
view. AFAI remember you think about that for quite a while now ... ;-)

--
best regards,
Stefan

Stefan G. Weichinger