Amanda-Users

Re: build - gtar

2004-03-17 16:50:56
Subject: Re: build - gtar
From: Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin AT bic.mni.mcgill DOT ca>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:48:52 -0500
* Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org> [20040317 16:40]:

> IRIX 6.5.19
> Amanda 2.4.2p2
>
> I've installed gtar on a new amanda-server, a system that was
> never a client nor a server before. Currently its only client
> is itself. This server mounts /usr/local from another system
> (another IRIX system).
>
> gtar you ask ? .866 TBytes disk, xfsdump will not produce an
> output file that would untimately fit on the output tape (read
> Jukebox for 8 tapes with a single Quantum SDLT 320 drive, mtx
> is in play here).
>
> I don't know how to get amanda on the new system to find gtar, which
> was not available on the system I compiled amanda on ages ago.
>
> Is there an environmental variable or path I can set or do I
> need to recompile/reinstall, possibly affecting the old server
> and all of its clients ? (In which case I'll also move to the
> current release of amanda).

how did you compile amanda?
Look in the amandad.debug file for GNUTAR.
Just create a symlink to wherever you installed gtar,
ie if you got gnutar from SGI freeware (/usr/freeware/bin/tar)
and amanda expects /usr/blah/tar, then just
ln -s /usr/freeware/bin/tar /usr/blah/tar
should do the trick.

jf

--
There's a crack in everything