Amanda-Users

Re: build - gtar

2004-03-17 17:01:44
Subject: Re: build - gtar
From: Brian Cuttler <brian AT wadsworth DOT org>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 16:57:42 -0500 (EST)
Joshua,

There is a ./configure switch --with-gnutar=</path/path../../gnutar> ?

Reinstalling on BALI will affect that server and all clients of its
/usr/local - affects means replace the binaries, not 'breaks' not
that they will care about gnutar since the DLE are all xfsdump.

Or recompile with a different target for installation, something
local to SAMAR and not /usr/local served from BALI.

I just wanted to make sure I was on track, that I needed to re-build
and couldn't just update the environment.

I have no problem with building a more current version of amanda and
installing it on BALI's served /usr/local for all of my SGI systems
to use, just not something I want to do at 5pm.

Actually, I have some additional SGI systems (some that share /usr/local
and some that are isolated) that would also benifit from being able to
segment the larger partitions.

Its all good, just wanted to make sure I was on the right track.
I wouldn't know what we would do without amanda.

                                                thanks,

                                                Brian