Amanda-Users

Re: Disaster Recovery

2004-03-11 13:27:40
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery
From: Jonathan Dill <jfdill AT jfdill DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 13:18:27 -0500
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:

I think what you mean is what files do you need in order to save the

complete current state and history of the backups, although I'm guessing as your request was overly terse. If that's right, you need:

the config dirs (where your amanda.confs are)
the "infofile" dirs as defined in your amanda.confs
the logdirs as defined in your amanda.confs
the indexdirs as defined in your amanda.confs
How I deal with it is that I just "rsync" the amanda account home directory to another server periodically. If you wanted to, you could probably set it up as a daily cron job or something.

--jonathan