Amanda-Users

Re: Disaster Recovery--- Thanks

2004-03-11 11:16:08
Subject: Re: Disaster Recovery--- Thanks
From: todd zenker <todd.e.zenker.1 AT gsfc.nasa DOT gov>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 11:16:14 -0500
Thanks Joshua.

I figured that is what is needed in order to recover my backup server. I'm familiar with Tivoli Disaster Recovery.

Thanks again.

At 11:01 AM 3/11/2004, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 at 10:43am, todd zenker wrote

> What are the files needed for a Disaster Recovery on the backup server??

I think what you mean is what files do you need in order to save the
complete current state and history of the backups, although I'm guessing
as your request was overly terse.  If that's right, you need:

the config dirs (where your amanda.confs are)
the "infofile" dirs as defined in your amanda.confs
the logdirs as defined in your amanda.confs
the indexdirs as defined in your amanda.confs

And I think that's it.  It also wouldn't hurt to grab client related files
if your amanda server is also a client.  Those include /etc/amanda*, and
the gnutar-lists directory.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering