Amanda-Users

Re: Solaris 8 and L200

2004-03-09 09:39:01
Subject: Re: Solaris 8 and L200
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Glenn Zenker <Glenn.Zenker AT gsfc.nasa DOT gov>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 09:37:01 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004 at 9:24am, Glenn Zenker wrote

> Great!  I got MTX installed and I can move the tapes around like I want
> to.  That is working perfectly so far.

> ** Error loading slot current
> amtape: could not load slot mtx-changer:: Can't get changer parameters;
> Result was Request Sense: Long Report=yes mtx: Request Sense: Valid
> Residual=no mtx: Request Sense: Error Code=0 (Unknown?!) mtx: Request
> Sense: Sense Key=No Sense mtx: Request Sense: FileMark=no mtx: Request
> Sense: EOM=no mtx: Request Sense: ILI=no mtx: Request Sense: Additional
> Sense Code = 00 mtx: Request Sense: Additional Sense Qualifier = 00 mtx:
> Request Sense: BPV=no mtx: Request Sense: Error in CDB=no mtx: Request
> Sense: SKSV=no INQUIRY command Failed

Amanda doesn't use mtx directly.  The changer script you want is
chg-zd-mtx, which is by default installed into /usr/local/libexec.  There
are instructions in the script itself on how to create the config file.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering