Amanda-Users

Re: dumping /root dir instead dumps whole partition

2004-03-03 18:42:08
Subject: Re: dumping /root dir instead dumps whole partition
From: "Russell L. Carter" <rcarter AT pinyon DOT org>
To: Frank Smith <fsmith AT hoovers DOT com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 16:37:24 -0700
That works and it's simpler too, thanks very much.  I really
need to improve my amanda configuration skilz.

Best,
Russell

: ># brower /etc / {
: >#    comp-root-tar
: ># }
: > brower /root / {
:
: It's picking up that / as the device and backing it up.  You have
: the same problem on the commented-out /etc entry above.  Your report
: shows that the size of /etc is the same size as /root, so it ran out
: of tape trying to fit / on the tape twice.
:    The diskdevice is optional if it is the same as the diskname field,
: or you can set it the same as the diskname if you want all your entries
: to have the same number of fields.
:   Just change the line to:
: brower /root {
:   or