Amanda-Users

Subject: Tapeless: How to make a SECOND backup?

2003-10-31 04:54:20
Subject: Subject: Tapeless: How to make a SECOND backup?
From: Turgut Kalfaoglu <turgut AT egenet.com DOT tr>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 11:50:51 +0200 (EET)
Hello everyone; I eventually installed amanda on a special machine that we
will just use for backups of other servers. It's a Mandrake 9.1 machine;
and I managed to take a full backup of everything, using "file:/path" as
the tape device. I have set the dumpcycle and tapecycle to 14, and
runspercycle is commented; so it defaults to 1.

Now, when I re-run the amdump configname , amanda complains that the tape
is in use. I am not sure how to add new tapes to a tapeless operation; I
just want the incremental backups to go to different subdirectories of the
disks on the server.

Thanks!
  -turgut

-----