Amanda-Users

Re: How to control which tape is next?

2003-10-20 15:37:31
Subject: Re: How to control which tape is next?
From: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
To: Mads Pultz <mpultz AT nordija DOT com>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:32:48 +0200
Mads Pultz wrote:

I have the following settings.

dumpcycle 3 days runspercycle 3 days
tapecycle 8 tapes

runtapes 1
tapedev "/dev/nst0"

From the backup report that is sent to me every day everything seems to
be fine. However, there is one thing that bugs me. The report begins
like this

These dumps were to tape Daily006.
The next tape Amanda expects to use is: a new tape.

Amanda takes the next tape found in your tapelist file, the one last in
the file, unless there are not yet enough tapes, i.e. less than
tapecycle, in the file. When you run amlabel, amanda adds the tape with date "0" to the list (usually to the top).
If you have already 8 tapes in your tapelist file, then amanda will
ask for the next tape, just as you expect.  (At least on the version
I use: 2.4.4p1.)

However, I would like AMANDA to only accept the immediate subsequent
tape (in this case tape Daily007). In this at all possible? If so what
am I doing wrong. I messed around with the chg-manual script for a while
but without any luck.

What has this to do with chg-manual actually?

--
Paul @ Home