Amanda-Users

Priority disk

2003-10-13 05:13:33
Subject: Priority disk
From: Simon Hildrew <simon.hildrew AT yolus DOT com>
To: "'amanda-users AT amanda DOT org'" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 10:11:55 +0100
Hi all,

I'm running an installation of Amanda (Amanda-2.4.2p2) and the backup
occasionally fails on the last filesystem that it is attempting to backup.
It so happens that the last file system is fairly important and I'd much
prefer it to be backed up first so that if the backup fails because the tape
isn't long enough it is not that file system that bites the dust.

The prority command doesn't seem to do a huge amount, so I'm wondering if
there is some way of forcing this to happen.  The filesystem is the largest
by some way which I'm guessing is why it gets scheduled last.

Your time and help is appreciated,

Simon

--
Simon Hildrew