Amanda-Users

Re: Amanda & Samba

2003-10-13 03:59:13
Subject: Re: Amanda & Samba
From: "Martin" <ammail AT sebastian DOT nl>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 09:52:43 +0200
Hi,

I have the same issue and what I do is create exclude lists for Windows
clients. That way you can exclude entire directories and certain files.
Specify them in amanda.conf . For example:

define dumptype always-full-winpc29 {
        global
        compress server fast
        exclude list "/usr/local/etc/amanda/fulldaily/winpc29exclude"
}

The exclude list is in the winpc29exclude file, which is a list of files
and/or directories.

Of course all this only works when using tar (not dump).

Martin