Amanda-Users

Re: Windows XP and cygwin problem ! (Addition)

2003-10-06 09:53:13
Subject: Re: Windows XP and cygwin problem ! (Addition)
From: JC Simonetti <simonetti AT echo DOT fr>
To: franz.skale AT cubit DOT at
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 15:50:12 +0200
Hi!
First of all let me tell you this post should go on amanda-users mailing-list,
not the hackers one: your question si about using and not implementing Amanda ;)

Well... Your issue makes me think of the "*timeout" parameters in the config
file. Your compress step may take too long for Amanda and she may close the
socket before data compression is finished. In your case, try to increase your
dtimeout ("data timeout") value. You have 2,3 Gb to backup. It may take a bit
long to tar and gzip all this data, especially if you have many many files. To
give you a value to compare with, my dtimeout is set to 7200s (yes, 2h) (and
yes I have a quite huge platform with more than 300 clients).
I don't think this is a Cygwin problem but just a server-side one.

Jean-Christian SIMONETTI    email: jean-christian.simonetti AT wanadoo DOT com
SysAdmin Wanadoo Portails   phone: (+33)493004911
Sophia Antipolis, France