Amanda-Users

Re: Windows XP and cygwin problem ! (Addition)

2003-10-06 09:34:54
Subject: Re: Windows XP and cygwin problem ! (Addition)
From: Franz Skale <franz.skale AT cubit DOT at>
To: Paul Bijnens <paul.bijnens AT xplanation DOT com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 15:32:04 +0200
Hi !

But if i use client compression, it should happen on the client, and
then the zipped image should be sent to the amanda server, or am i wrong
? The tar command is piped to gzip on the client. What's the server
waiting for ? The sendsize works well, the runtar works well, but the
sendbackup fails if the client compr. is enabled. That's not clear to me
at all. What happens on the sendback command ?
Perhaps you or anyone else has a solution. My network is not the cause
of the problem. I have a switched environment and can use the whole
bandwith on it.

Thx. in advance

Franz

--