Amanda-Users

Re: cross-platform restore

2003-10-05 13:56:57
Subject: Re: cross-platform restore
From: jurvis lasalle <lasalle AT bard DOT edu>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 13:51:31 -0400

On Saturday, Oct 4, 2003, at 09:55 America/New_York, Toomas Aas wrote:

Hi!

I have a mixed Linux/Intel Solaris/Sparc environment.  The tape drive
resides on the sparc box. Will I be able to restore dumps to the Linux
box using amrestore?

Yes, if you run amrestore on the Linux box.
--
Toomas Aas | toomas.aas AT raad.tartu DOT ee | http://www.raad.tartu.ee/~toomas/
* User Error: Replace user.

Let me see if I have this straight- running the amrestore command from the linux dump client will access the tape drive on the solaris dump server after telling me which tapes to put in. Sounds too good to be true...

Jurvis LaSalle