Amanda-Users

Re: Can't backup AIX4.3 client : missing results

2003-08-12 15:54:51
Subject: Re: Can't backup AIX4.3 client : missing results
From: Nicolas Ecarnot <nicolas.ecarnot AT accim DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:36:46 +0200
Jon LaBadie a écrit :

Another approach to identifying it is the debugger that comes
with your compiler.  For example, I've used gcc and gdb tells me:

  $ gdb -c core
  GNU gdb 5.0
  Core was generated by `timidity -s 65000 ...
  Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation Fault.
  #0  0x805ed09 in ?? ()
  (gdb) quit
  $

I compiled it under AIX4.3 and I have no gdb on this system.
So I try to copy this core file into another system with gdb, but off course, this does not work as it's on another system.

To simplify things I'd suggest changing the disklist on the amanda
server so that only one DLE on the AIX client is uncommented.  You
will have many fewer debug files to contend with.

I already did that.
To debug : the simpler, the better.

Also, the debug files list the commands they start, arguments included.
You could run each by hand and see if you note a core dump.

*THAT* is what I wanted you to say ;o)
How do I run commands by hand ?
When speaking about commands, do you mean the kind of command described in the document /usr/local/share/doc/amanda/INTERNALS ?

If so, it great, I will be able to see more closely what's wrong.

But how do we do that ? Can we call amandad with arguments ?

--
Nicolas Ecarnot