Amanda-Users

Re: Can't backup AIX4.3 client : missing results

2003-08-11 09:39:28
Subject: Re: Can't backup AIX4.3 client : missing results
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 09:36:57 -0400
On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 12:08:11PM +0200, Nicolas Ecarnot wrote:
> Selon Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>:
>
> > > I've looked into the client /tmp/amanda/*.log and there seem to be
> > nothing anormal in the log files
> > > but there is a core file (is it a core dump ? Is there an error ?)
> >
> > Don't know if it works on AIX, but on Solaris and HP-UX the "file"
> > command
> > tells you what command dumped the core file.  And of course the
>
> Sorry but core doesn't tells me anything useful.
> But as this core file is created inside the /tmp/amanda directory, and the
> timestamp is during the amdump, I think that yes, it comes from an amanda
> crash.

Likely I was unclear.
When I said "file" command I mean run a command called "file".
As in:

    $ file /tmp
    /tmp:      directory

    $ file stocks sunscreen
    stocks:    executable /usr/local/bin/perl script
    sunscreen: Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) v1.2

    file core
    core:      ELF 32-bit LSB core file 80386 Version 1, from 'timidity'

The marked section 'may' tell you what application core dumped.
I'm not sure whether AIX does or not.

Then we may be able to focus on some thing specific.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)