Amanda-Users

Re: Good option for dumporder

2003-07-08 15:14:08
Subject: Re: Good option for dumporder
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Bob Zahn <bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 15:12:09 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 at 1:46pm, Bob Zahn wrote

> This is in response to Gene's and Joshua's additional quesitons:
>
> 1. I'm only running one Samba server and that's on the amanda host server.

You'll want to look at your dumprates before and after increasing
maxdumps.  8 may lead to too much contention (disk and net), slowing you
down disproportionately.

As for samba vs. cygwin, I still use samba here, although I don't do whole
disk dumps.  I just get user data -- I'm never going to recover a whole
system from tape only.  The only way to know what works best for you is to
try it out.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering