Amanda-Users

Re: Good option for dumporder

2003-07-08 14:58:16
Subject: Re: Good option for dumporder
From: "Bob Zahn" <bzahn AT zeus.okccc DOT edu>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 13:46:41 -0500
This is in response to Gene's and Joshua's additional quesitons:

1. I'm only running one Samba server and that's on the amanda host server.

2. Sorry, disklist looks like:
amanda1 //server1/C$ pc-tar 3 ge0
amanda1 //server1/D$ pc-tar 4 ge0
amanda1 //server2/C$ pc-tar 5 ge0
amanda1 //server2/D$ pc-tar 6 ge0
amanda1 //server3/C$ pc-tar 11 ge0
amanda1 //server3/D$ pc-tar 12 ge0
amanda1 //server4/C$ pc-tar 44 ge0
amanda1 //server4/D$ pc-tar 45 ge0
amanda1 //server5/C$ pc-tar 47 ge0
amanda1 //server5/D$ pc-tar 48 ge0
>From amanda.conf
define dumptype pc-tar {
    comment "Full dump of this filesystem always"
    program "GNUTAR"
    maxdumps 8
    holdingdisk yes
    compress none
    index yes
    priority high
    strategy noinc
    dumpcycle 0
}
Also, I have 2 holding disks, 20GB each with chunksize of 1GB.

3. I thought that the general opinion of this listserv was that cygwin was not
a good option and samba was better for backing up M$ servers. Have I got this
backwards?

Bob...