Amanda-Users

RE: Strange Dump: Connection reset by peer

2003-06-24 10:02:44
Subject: RE: Strange Dump: Connection reset by peer
From: "Brian G. Peterson" <brian AT braverock DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 08:55:58 -0500
Jon LaBadie suggests:
> Just a shot in the dark ...
>
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 08:28:15AM -0500, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> > sendbackup: start [ethos.braverock.com:hdb1 level 0]
> > sendbackup: info BACKUP=/bin/tar
> > sendbackup: info RECOVER_CMD=/bin/tar -f... -
>                                ^^^^^^^^
>
> Is this the same tar used for backups.
> Is this a valid gnutar version (1.13.19 or 1.13.25)
> Try /bin/tar --version  on, I think, ethos, maybe both
> the tape server and the backup client though I think
> it is trying to run the one on the client.

ethos (Amanda client in DMZ):
/bin/tar --version
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
Copyright C 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
and jut for the heck of it:
sed --version
GNU sed version 3.02

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
to the extent permitted by law.

Amanda host:
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
Copyright AC 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public License;
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.

GNU sed version 3.02

warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE,
to the extent permitted by law.

So, it looks like the versions for these should be fine.

Thanks,

   - Brian