Amanda-Users

amtapetype problem

2003-06-24 09:55:48
Subject: amtapetype problem
From: "Tom Brown" <tom.brown AT goodtechnology DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:50:44 +0100
Hi,

This is the third amanda installation i have been working on in the last 2
weeks so apology for all the problems i've been posting to the list.

I'm currently installing a system to backup our local LAN to a single LTO-1
drive so no changer config to worry about.

I have configured amanda and done a few test runs and it seems to backup OK
however i'm wanting to run an amtapetype to verify what capacity amanda
thinks the tape drive is.

When i run amtapetype i get the following

$ amtapetype -e 100gig -f /dev/nst0
Writing 1024 Mbyte   compresseable data:  47 sec
Estimate phase 2...amtapetype: could not write any data in this pass: short
write

and there is nothing in the amanda.debug at all. Has anyone seen this before
as i can label the tapes in this drive and write onto it?

thanks

Tom