Amanda-Users

Re: Installation

2003-06-24 09:44:46
Subject: Re: Installation
From: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
To: Mikkel Gadegaard <mikkelg AT videlity DOT com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 09:41:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 at 10:36am, Mikkel Gadegaard wrote

> When I do the 3 steps ./configure..... make and make install no errors are
> reported but a lot of directories are missing when it is done. The things
> installed is /usr/local/sbin/* /usr/local/lib/* /usr/local/libexec/*
> /usr/local/man/* and thats that. No configdir none of the files under
> /var/.... (which I had in the default installation on the old machine.

RH created those.

> My question is: Do I have to create all these files and directories myself
> or have I done something wrong?

That's two questions.  ;)  Yes, no.

Look at the './configure --help' output -- it'll tell you where the
default config dirs should be.  I'm pretty sure the default is
/usr/local/etc/amanda/$CONFIG.

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering