Amanda-Users

Installation

2003-06-24 04:42:26
Subject: Installation
From: "Mikkel Gadegaard" <mikkelg AT videlity DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:36:24 +0200
Hey people

I have a problem with installing amanda. Until recently I had Amanda running on a RedHat 8.0 (amanda installed whith RedHat), that machine wasn't big enough so I got a bigger machine and installed RedHat 9.0 on it. This time without including Amanda because I wanted to try out compiling and installing on my own :-)

When I do the 3 steps ./configure..... make and make install no errors are reported but a lot of directories are missing when it is done. The things installed is /usr/local/sbin/* /usr/local/lib/* /usr/local/libexec/* /usr/local/man/* and thats that. No configdir none of the files under /var/.... (which I had in the default installation on the old machine.

My question is: Do I have to create all these files and directories myself or have I done something wrong?

I've used several different options with ./configure and I have wiped the config between each new attempt. Latest attempt I used

./configure --with-user=backup --with-group=disk --with-config=BackUp (trying to let amanda choose everything on it's own.

Hope someone can help me out ;-)

Med venlig hilsen/Best regards

Mikkel Gadegaard
Assistant Developer