Amanda-Users

RE: HP DLT1e tapetype

2003-06-19 14:11:59
Subject: RE: HP DLT1e tapetype
From: "Ean Kingston" <ean_kingston AT kanetix DOT com>
To: <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>, "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:09:51 -0400

I'm using Solaris and, according to the documentation, it should not be using
hardware compression unless I specify the 'compress' device (/dev/rmt/0cn) as
opposed to the one I did use (/dev/rmt/0n). If what you say it true there is
some way to force HW compression for the tape drive regardless of what the OS
wants.