Amanda-Users

Re: HP DLT1e tapetype

2003-06-19 19:17:26
Subject: Re: HP DLT1e tapetype
From: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
To: "Amanda Users (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:14:38 -0700
On Thursday 19 June 2003 14:09, Ean Kingston wrote:
>I'm using Solaris and, according to the documentation, it should not
> be using hardware compression unless I specify the 'compress'
> device (/dev/rmt/0cn) as opposed to the one I did use
> (/dev/rmt/0n).

I'm not sure what documentation you're referring to, but for every
compression-capable drive I've ever used (DDS2, DDS3, DLT-4000,
DLT-7000, DLT-8000, LTO-1) both the Solaris factory st driver and the
tape-vendor-supplied st.conf default to the highest-possible density
and compression factor.

That is, I would be *very* surprised if the 0n device for your DLT1
drive doesn't do "80GB" (compressed) mode.

I've not used DLT1 myself, but if you show us the st.conf you're
using we can confirm/deny...

--
Jay Lessert                               jay_lessert AT accelerant DOT net
Accelerant Networks Inc.                       (voice)1.503.439.3461