Amanda-Users

Re: Restore Problems 2.4.4 - Unexpected EOF

2003-06-18 16:59:14
Subject: Re: Restore Problems 2.4.4 - Unexpected EOF
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:25:49 -0400
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 04:04:41PM +0100, Adam Kirby wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been using amanda 2.4.1 on Solaris 2.5.1 with a DLT4000 for several
> years without many problems. I've recently upgraded to Solaris 9, amanda
> 2.4.4 and a Sun L280 (6-slot DLT7000). Most of the FS's are VxFS with a
> few UFS. I'm just doing some test restores from the first night production
> backups and have run into a problem I can't resolve.

IIRC, VxFS has its own dump/restore programs as do ufs type file systems.

How are you handling the selection of one pair vs the other.  I don't
recall anything in amanda that allows varying dump/restore programs
to be used.  Maybe I missed something?

> The restores from VxFS partitions (via amrecover) work fine. But when I
> try to restore from one of the UFS partitions it dies. I select the date,
> host and FS, add a file to restore and extract. It ask me to confirm and
> then load the correct tape. The tape is already loaded and rewound. As
> soon as I type Y for the final (second) confirm it just returnes the
> shell prompt. There are no errors in amrecover.*.debug but I get the
> following at the end of amindexd.*.debug :

The debuglogs should show what restore program was being invoked.
Was it ufsrestore?

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)