Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with amrecover

2003-06-16 02:16:03
Subject: Re: Problems with amrecover
From: "Jason P.Pickering" <jasonp AT SIMTech.a-star.edu DOT sg>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 14:13:01 +0800 (SGT)
First of all, thanks for your help Jon.

On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> Hi, the body of you message refers to dumping and flushing.
> Why a subject about amrecover???

Oops..this was before my first cup of coffee this morning. ;-) Indeed, the
title of my mail should be "Problems with amflush"!. Sorry about that.

> Here is why I guessed "nothing to dump".  This suggests that
> during your dump, 100% (the default) of the holding disk was
> reserved for degraded mode dumps.  Everything had to go direct
> to tape.  As there was no tape and no holding disk, there would
> not have been any dumps available for amflush.
>
> If my guess is correct,
> rethink the setting of your "reserve" parameter.

Indeed, this enabled me to flush those degraded dumps to tape. I had this
line commented out in my original configuration file.

Thanks so much for the speedy and accurate response!

Best regards,
Jason Pickering