Amanda-Users

Re: Problems with amrecover

2003-06-16 01:43:02
Subject: Re: Problems with amrecover
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 01:38:41 -0400
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:50:18AM +0800, Jason P.Pickering wrote:
> Hello amanda users...

Hi, the body of you message refers to dumping and flushing.
Why a subject about amrecover???

> This problem has happened several time to me, and I
> have trawled through the archives here, but haven't found any
> solution really. I forgot to put the correct tape in last night, and
> unfortunately, "amflush" won't dump my backup to tape.
> Here is what i get (see below).

What does amflush tell you?
I'm guessing it says nothing to dump.

> Can anybody tell me how to get those backups onto tape and have my
> database be correctly updated?

> [amanda@jtlinux amanda-2.4.3]$ driver: pid 3882
> executable driver
> version 2.4.3
> driver: send-cmd time 0.002 to taper: START-TAPER

Which log file is this?  Was it from your amdump or your amflush?

> 20030606
> taper: pid 3883 executable taper version 2.4.3
> taper: page size is 4096
> taper: buffer size is 32768
> driver: adding holding disk 0 dir /mnt/home2/backups
> size 3008448
> reserving 3008448 out of 3008448 for degraded-mode dumps

Here is why I guessed "nothing to dump".  This suggests that
during your dump, 100% (the default) of the holding disk was
reserved for degraded mode dumps.  Everything had to go direct
to tape.  As there was no tape and no holding disk, there would
not have been any dumps available for amflush.

If my guess is correct,
rethink the setting of your "reserve" parameter.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)