Amanda-Users

Re: cygwin & spaces in disklist directory

2003-06-10 01:17:06
Subject: Re: cygwin & spaces in disklist directory
From: Jon LaBadie <jon AT jgcomp DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 01:05:33 -0400
On Mon, Jun 09, 2003 at 11:08:23PM -0500, Andy Howell wrote:
> Hello,
>
>    I am trying to get the amanda client running under cygwin on win2k.
> amcheck doesn't like spaces in the directory in disklist. I am trying to
> do something like
>
> win2kpc   /cgydrive/c/Documents and Settings   srv-comp-user-tar
>
> There does not seem to be any way to escape the spaces. Glancing at the
> source, it looks like the macro in skip_non_whitespace in
> common/amanda.h needs to be a bit smarter to know about quoted or
> escaped strings. Any other work-arrounds for this?

I think it is not allowed.

Does cygwin have a command "link" or maybe "lndir".  Not the normal "ln".
If it is the same as the one on Solaris and HP-UX it can make links to
directories.  However, for consistancy the two links should be in the
same directory.  You could then do a

        link '/c/Documents and Settings' /c/DocsAndSettings

and backup the new name.

 JG Computing
 4455 Province Line Road        (609) 252-0159
 Princeton, NJ  08540-4322      (609) 683-7220 (fax)