Amanda-Users

RE: cygwin & spaces in disklist directory

2003-06-11 11:20:59
Subject: RE: cygwin & spaces in disklist directory
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin AT gsi-kc DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:17:40 -0500
> No, they are not viruses, they are batch files written by me
> to backup and restore the Windows registry. But if Windows
> thinks backing up its registry is a virus behavior... ;-)

I'm not using amanda to back up any Windows boxes, but on some of our Windows
boxes that do need backed up, using NovaNet Web Backup which does not support
backing up the Sytem State like Backup Exec does, I just use the built in
Backup tool to do this. Start / Programs / Accessories / System Tools / Backup,
tell it to back up the System State only to a file like
d:\systemstate\backup.btk, then schedule it to do this once a day well in
advance of when the backup job runs. Then the backup client backs up that flat
file just fine which Windows could use to restore the registry etc if necessary.