Amanda-Users

Re: amflush problem

2003-06-02 11:32:19
Subject: Re: amflush problem
From: Niall O Broin <niall AT magicgoeshere DOT com>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 16:30:10 +0100
On Monday 02 June 2003 15:45, Jon LaBadie wrote:

> > Can anyone suggest what's going on here, and how I might flush these
> > outstanding dumps ?
>
> Gosh those straws are hard to grasp :)
>
> Config changes?  switch holding disk location?  names?  fqdn's?  disklist?

Fair question Jon, and I know many people often don't give sufficient
information. But I gave all the information I had available. I have changed
nothing.

> Rebuild amanda and do an incomplete installation so part are from different
> version?

I take it that's a question rather than a suggestion :-) And no, I didn't do
that. This my backup box, which has been happily running 2.4.3 for some time
now.

> Are they really dump files or other cruft?

They're really dump files.

> Was a dump aborted so they are incomplete?

No - just ran out of disk (tape) space, so the dumps stayed in holding.

> Are they possibly so old their dumps are not in the logs any longer?

No - all quite recent.

> Do you really need them?  :))  On tape?  If not does amcleanup get rid of
> them?

Well, I would like to have them - they're recent backups. What happens if I
delete them ? Are they currently in the indices, or do they only go there
when they get flushed from holding ? And anyway, this seems to be a problem
now such that future held dumps will be unflushable too - I'd like to avoid
that if I can.

Niall