Amanda-Users

RE: DONE - Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error access ing Amanda hosts file.

2003-06-02 10:05:21
Subject: RE: DONE - Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error access ing Amanda hosts file.
From: Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 14:52:43 +0100
And I am assuming from the errors that I got it will not work because the
config expects .amandahosts to be in /var/lib/amanda.

I've also sorted my authority problem on sda*'s - in the xinetd service
config some documentation I had stated that the group = amanda. Changing
this to "disk" made it work - are there any experts who would like to let me
know if this is correct - it works anyway - my amcheck is now clean.

Thanks to everyone who helped me on this. It was quite a learning curve -
I've eventually got the red hat 7.2 rpms out of the box to work - using my
old configuration files which I restored from backups - made by amanda of
course.

Regards

Kevin Passey