Amanda-Users

RE: UPDATE - Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error accessing Amanda hosts file.

2003-06-02 08:44:41
Subject: RE: UPDATE - Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error accessing Amanda hosts file.
From: "Martin, Jeremy" <jmartin AT gsi-kc DOT com>
To: "Kevin Passey" <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 07:43:20 -0500

> Well - I bit the bullet and removed amanda and did a
> re-install using the
> RPM from my RH7.2 disks.
>
> Doing that I was able to determine that the RH7.2
> configuration expects the
> .amandahosts file to be in /var/lib/amanda - I presume that's
> why it wasn't
> working - can anybody clarify this for me.

Hi,

I noticed this too with a RedHat 9 install.

When installing RedHat if you tell it to install amanda, it creates the amanda
account and ets /var/lib/amanda/ as its home directory, it looks like. If you
don't install amanda during the RedHat install and install it manually later
you'll need to set up a new amanda account which by default uses /home/amanda/
for ~