Amanda-Users

RE: UPDATE - Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error acce ssing Amanda hosts file.

2003-06-02 08:00:14
Subject: RE: UPDATE - Configuring RH7.2 Amanda out of the box - error acce ssing Amanda hosts file.
From: Kevin Passey <kpassey AT kdpsoftware.co DOT uk>
To: "Amanda (E-mail)" <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:53:31 +0100
Well - I bit the bullet and removed amanda and did a re-install using the
RPM from my RH7.2 disks.

Doing that I was able to determine that the RH7.2 configuration expects the
.amandahosts file to be in /var/lib/amanda - I presume that's why it wasn't
working - can anybody clarify this for me.

Now my problem has moved on - my amcheck looks like this (all my windows
shares are now configured)

Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /usr/amanda/dumps: 16945236 KB disk space available, that's
plenty
ERROR: /dev/nst0: rewinding tape: No medium found
       (expecting a new tape)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
NOTE: info dir /var/lib/amanda/kdp/curinfo: does not exist
NOTE: it will be created on the next run
Server check took 30.095 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: dilmom: [could not access /dev/sda7 (/dev/sda7): Permission denied]
ERROR: dilmom: [could not access /dev/sda6 (/dev/sda6): Permission denied]
ERROR: dilmom: [could not access /dev/sda8 (/dev/sda8): Permission denied]
ERROR: dilmom: [could not access /dev/sda3 (/dev/sda3): Permission denied]
ERROR: dilmom: [could not access /dev/sda2 (/dev/sda2): Permission denied]
ERROR: dilmom: [could not access /dev/sda1 (/dev/sda1): Permission denied]
Client check: 1 host checked in 3.823 seconds, 6 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.2p2)

The installation notes specify

2.2 section B

Set your raw disk devices so that the dumpuser can read them....etc.etc

Can somebody enlighted a "raw" linux user as to what this means.

Thanks to everyone that has replied to this thread.

Regards

Kevin Passey