Amanda-Users

Re: recovering

2003-04-30 23:37:45
Subject: Re: recovering
From: Stephen Carville <carville AT cpl DOT net>
To: Amanda Users <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 20:33:19 -0700
On Wednesday 30 April 2003 07:49 pm, Joseph Sirucka wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I have made sure the directory is /usr/local/etc/amanda/daily and
the
> directory exists.
>
> All my config files are in there and backups work, but not restore
now.

> I did test this originally once setup and it work, but now under the
> pressure it dosen't work.

1.  Do a man amrecover on the machine your are doing the restore from
and see what amanda thinkd your index server is.

2.  Try the full amrecover command:

3.  what version of amanda is running on the index server?  The error
you are seeing from amindexd.c but I cannot find that error message
in the 2.4.2p1 source code.  (Nor 2.4.2p2, nor 2.4.3b2).  It was in
2.4.1p1.

http://www.backupcentral.com/amanda.html

--
Stephen Carville http://www.heronforge.net/~stephen/gnupgkey.txt
You have the right to remain helpless. Should you give up this right,