Amanda-Users

Re: recovering

2003-04-30 21:35:29
Subject: Re: recovering
From: Gene Heskett <gene.heskett AT verizon DOT net>
To: "Joseph Sirucka" <Joseph.Sirucka AT team.telstra.com DOT au>, <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 21:30:17 -0400
On Wed April 30 2003 21:06, Joseph Sirucka wrote:
>Hi All
>
>I'm trying to recover as my previous emails.
>
>I am running redhat linux 8 with amanda 2.4.2p1.
>
>I consistantly get 501 errors "Couldn't cd into
> /usr/local/etc/amanda/daily. Misconfiguration?"

Does the directory exist?  And who owns it?  Bear in mind that when
recovering, I believe you should be root, not amanda.  A normal
user may not have perms to cd to that directory.  However, I just
tried it as a normal user (not even amanda) and it seemed to be ok.

>the debug in /tmp/amanda is shwing no errors.
>
>what exactly can I do to get this working.
>
>If all else fails can I extract the data from the tape manually.
>
>regards
>
>Joseph

AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M
Athlon1600XP@1400mhz  512M