Amanda-Users

R: Access restriction in amrecover

2003-04-24 03:51:51
Subject: R: Access restriction in amrecover
From: "Creator" <creator AT mindcreations DOT com>
To: <amanda-users AT amanda DOT org>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:37:21 +0200

I think it may be achieved using server-side authentication so no matter
which user you are running amrecover from the client.

Without proper authentication I'm forced to close the firewall port 80012 to
deny access to the index daemon. It is the only way I have to limit
customers from restoring other people backups.

In this case I'm forced to do the restores for them wasting my time.
1) I have to extract their data somewhere
2) I have to give them access to it to let them browse their files
Result: no handy selective restore procedure :(

In the way I've proposed (like: customer can access only his data) I can
simply mount the tape on the tapechanger and let the customer do their
restore comfortably using amrecover.

I'm going to have a bad shape if I cannot work around this limit.

Thanks for your support however.

Stefano Coletta
http://www.mindcreations.com