Amanda-Users

Re: LAN backup?

2003-04-21 04:30:50
Subject: Re: LAN backup?
From: "Aaron Wohl" <freebsd AT soith DOT com>
To: "Thomas Jones" <thomas.jones AT linux-howtos DOT com>, amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 23:57:49 -0600
For a how to on backups to disk see
http://amanda.sourceforge.net/fom-serve/cache/191.html

Step 1 is no longer needed as tapio is built in nowadays.

I had a working tape backup amanda config.  But the site where we are
hosted started charging a lot of money to change tapes.  I cut back to
running the tape backup 3 days a week.  Creating a backup to disk script
to run the other 5 days a week from that howto took less than half an
hour.  I split into a common directory with an amanda.inc that was
included by the tape amanda.conf and the to disk amanda.conf with the
common stuff. For the disklist file I symlinked those to point to a
common file.

>From the sample conf files amanda comes with I had to increase etimeout
to 1800, we have a file system with about 4million inodes and it was
timeing out without increasing that timeout.  The only other wierd thing
is strategy incronly doesnt work for us but strategy nofull works fine.
Ill run it again with incronly sometime and track down the error
messages.