Amanda-Users

Recommandations for >600 GB?

2003-04-17 16:00:49
Subject: Recommandations for >600 GB?
From: Moritz Both <moritz AT daneben DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 20:00:32 +0200
Hi,

who can recommend a configuration which allows us to regulary backup
>600 GByte with amanda on Linux?

The 600 GByte is the total; we can split it into portions (or
partitions) of about 200 GByte. Still, a single level 0 backup may not
really fit on a 120 GByte DAT autoloader (6*20, where we already left
out the cleaning tape) load. Splitting further will be complicated.

The question is - which autoloader or configuration will do this best?

Price *is* a criteria. Is DLT autoloader the way to go? Do folks still
backup data of this size with DAT?

Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks,
Moritz