Amanda-Users

tapeless backup problem

2003-04-16 07:16:53
Subject: tapeless backup problem
From: Kevin_Synott AT ptk.pioneer.co DOT uk
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org, owner-amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:05:38 +0100
Hi,

I am attempting to set up a tapeless backup scenario on Solaris 8 (SunOS
5.8), using amanda 2.4.4

I have used the email by Jim Mozeley "tapeless backup" and the article "How
to configure for tapeless operation" from the Amanda Faq-O-matic as guides,
but have come across a problem, attempting to label the "tapes", as
follows:

amlabel DailySet1 DailySet101 slot 1  (logged on as user amanda)
amlabel: could not load slot "1": amgetconf: fatal libgcc_s.so.1: open
failed: No such file or directory

Having had a quick look at the code, this is indeed an error returned from
changer_loadslot, so I appear to be having problems loading the slots.
Before delving into reams of code, I hope someone can come up with a reason
as to why this is happening.

My file access rights all look as I believe they should, but I'm willing to
be challenged.

If anyone can resolve this problem or has ideas as to how I can debug it, I
would be grateful for the information.  If I have not supplied enough
information, I apologise.  Just let me know what is needed and I will
unhesitatingly supply it.

I have attached my amanda.conf and changer.conf files.

(See attached file: changer.conf)(See attached file: amanda.conf)

Kevin Synott
Senior Software Engineer
Design and Development Centre
Pioneer Technology UK
Pioneer House
Hollybush Hill
Stoke Poges
Slough
Buckinghamshire
SL2 4QP
UK

Tel: +44(0) 1753 789622
Fax: +44(0) 1753 789612This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom they are
addressed.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify your system manager.

Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.

Finally, the recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the
presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any virus transmitted by this e-mail.