Amanda-Users

amcheck cannot access /etc directory

2003-04-11 09:30:06
Subject: amcheck cannot access /etc directory
From: Anders Janmyr <anders.janmyr AT jayway DOT se>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: 11 Apr 2003 14:10:43 +0200
Hello everyone,
After several ours of searching the web I still cannot solve my
problem. amcheck does not find the file in /etc.

I am using inetd (not xinetd) to run the client locally. All the
rights for the user (amanda.amanda) are correct.
I am able to run all commands and read all the files from the
command line.

The log follows.

Please help me.
Anders Janmyr

amanda@anderslinux:/tmp/amanda-2.4.4/client-src>
/usr/local/sbin/amcheck jw1
Amanda Tape Server Host Check
-----------------------------
Holding disk /tmp/amanda/dump: 13160932 KB disk space available,
that's plenty
amcheck-server: slot 2: date 20030411 label jw102 (exact label
match)
NOTE: skipping tape-writable test
Tape jw102 label ok
NOTE: info dir /var/adm/amanda/jw1/curinfo/anderslinux: does not
exist
NOTE: index dir /var/adm/amanda/jw1/index/anderslinux: does not
exist
Server check took 0.143 seconds

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
ERROR: anderslinux: [cannot find password for
//jwworkstation1/KHELG20024]
ERROR: anderslinux: [can not read/write /etc/amandates: No such file
or directory]
ERROR: anderslinux: [unable to open /etc/amandapass: No such file or
directory]
Client check: 1 host checked in 0.049 seconds, 3 problems found

(brought to you by Amanda 2.4.4)