Amanda-Users

Re: Issue getting started.

2003-04-10 05:01:45
Subject: Re: Issue getting started.
From: Christoph Scheeder <christoph.scheeder AT scheeder DOT de>
To: amanda-users AT amanda DOT org
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:01:44 +0200
Hm,
I think Joshua is right with his guess about the compiler-issue.
As far as i recall gcc-2.96 ( the one dirk mentioned in a fromer post)
was an alpha-version which never should be released to the public.
But redhat decided to do so with RH-7 and got a very bad reputation for it.
i would install gcc-2.95 or 3.x and try to recompile amanda.
Christoph

Joshua Baker-LePain schrieb:
On 9 Apr 2003 at 1:16pm, Dirk H Bartley wrote

Wow that's old. Any chance of upgrading? If not, make sure that you've got *all* the errata installed. ISTR several glibc bug fixes since 7 came out. Also, I believe it's been EOLed now.

Unfortunately, I can't yet.  This is the machine running software which
runs our business.  It is proprietary software which requires this
version of redhat.  It may not be recent, but it's linux.

Well, then, as a couple of us said, make sure you've got *all* the errata applied. This is likely a glibc or gcc bug that you're hitting.

Good luck.