Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover won't set correct disk based on CWD

2003-04-09 04:57:34
Subject: Re: amrecover won't set correct disk based on CWD
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: Jay Lessert <jayl AT accelerant DOT net>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:18:35 +0200
On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 02:18:09PM +0200, Toralf Lund wrote:
> I've mentioned this on the list before, but as no conclusion came out
of
> the discussion I've tried again:
>
> amrecover (Amanda 2.4.3) will in my setup often make a wrong guess
about
> the disk/DLE for the current directory. The following output
illustrates
> the problem quite well:

Yes, it tries, but I always just do a setdisk anyway.  Is there a reason
you can't do that?
The primary reason would be that I'm lazy... Why should I need to do something amrecover is supposed to do it for me?

The problem with setdisk is that I have more than one DLE for most disks or partitions, so it is not obvious what argument to use for the command. There are ways of finding out, of course, but changing to the correct directory, then letting amrecover figure out the rest would be a lot easier.

--
- Toralf