Amanda-Users

Re: amrecover won't set correct disk based on CWD

2003-04-08 12:30:24
Subject: Re: amrecover won't set correct disk based on CWD
From: Toralf Lund <toralf AT procaptura DOT com>
To: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17 AT duke DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 17:13:24 +0200
On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 at 2:18pm, Toralf Lund wrote

> What is going on here? Is this possibly caused by a bug? It may seem
like
> amindexd will return the shortest or first DLE match when it should in
> fact look for the longest one. Or maybe amrecover will only look for
> directories that are mount points? The amrecover log may actually
suggest
> this. Note that /u is a separate partition, while /usr/local is part of
/.

Not answering your question, but pointing you in a direction, the logic
controlling this seems to be (from my quick code grepping) in
recover-src/amrecover.c -- the guess_disk function.
URGH. It does a lot of operations on fstab, which leads me to believe (without checking too closely) that the DLE matches a mounted fs. I'll see if I can come up with a better solution - unless someone else has done so already. (I'm looking at the 2.4.3 release source, rather than the most recent ones.)

--
Joshua Baker-LePain
Department of Biomedical Engineering